Monday, September 8, 2014

Tempus Fuget

Man, what a week!  I can not believe how fast the days and weeks are going!  It feels like justyesterday I was emailing y'all!  Each day feels like a blur and a dream, weird stuff.  I only have a school year left till I come home, that is gonna go by much too fast! 

Ezekiel got baptized!  He's that 9 year old boy I was teaching.  The service went really well!  We didn't have any investigators show up but like 20 less actives did because we had food afterwards haha.  You know it was a Spanish Branch's baptism cause the service started ONE HOUR LATE!!!!  Ezekiel and his family, the branch president, and the branch mission leader all showed up 50 minutes after it was scheduled to start.  That's the usual, though.  Hahaha.  After the 'tism we had some food, Chile Colorado.  It's some of my absolute favorite food in the world.  Just random parts of chicken in a spicy red chile sauce with real greasy rice and beans.  I love love love love it.  I didn't get sick from it this time either!  Haha.  I am finally becoming accustomed to real life Mexican food.  It was a real neat day and his confirmation went well as well.  It did start 20 minutes late though hahahaha.

So.  This week was a special one for one big reason!  On Wednesday morning we were playing basketball, just like we always do.  I was on fire, so I decided to drive in and take a shot. I ran down and jumped up to make a layup...and I missed :(.  I missed in two ways: 1, because the ball didn't go in the hoop, and 2, because my foot missed the ground!  What? Caleb, that doesn't make any sense, how could your foot miss the ground?  Well, let me tell you, my foot missed, but my ankle sure didn't!  Needless to say, it made a real gross noise and was instantly bruised and swollen.  I though for sure I shattered every bone in my leg, haha.  I went and got it x-rayed and it turns out it was just a real real bad sprain.  They told me it would still take 6 weeks to heal and they gave me crutches to walk.  I was bumped but got over it and went out with crutches that day!  You know in D&C 84, in the Oath and the Covenant of the Priesthood when it talks about whoever gets the two priesthoods and magnify their callings will be sanctified by the spirit unto the RENEWING of their bodies?  I have a testimony of that. I went on crutches on Wednesday, limped on Thursday and Friday, and by Saturday I was almost 100%!  I am even planning on playing basketball today (with an ankle brace of course).  HOW COOL IS THAT!  I know God is in this work and with me every step of the way.  I love it.

We got to teach a really cool lesson on Tuesday.  Cody, the 19 year old, and his girlfriend Yocelin (member) are the coolest people on the planet.  I love them so much.  I just want to hang out with them, haha.  Anyway, on Tuesday we taught about the Temple.  It was a dream, best lesson ever.  The Spirit was so thick you could chew it.  Both of them were SO enamored with it all. We challenged him to prepare to get his Endowment in a year and he accepted...he's not even baptized!   Hahaha.   At the end of the lesson he asked me if I would baptize him.  Wow.  What a special blessing.  We still don't have a date fro the baptism, but it's gonna happen! I am so blessed. 

I love you all so much, do some real good work this week.  Pray and read your scriptures every day!

Love,
Elder Caleb Porter


                                                                      Ankle

                                                          Cowboy Church



                                                           Cowboy Caleb

                                           Ezekiel after his baptism

                                       
                                              Family picture without the family.....Texas style.


                                                     Family picture Without Caleb, Utah style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!