Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl

Man, that was an insane Super Bowl huh?!?!   The early safety was a dream!  Just kidding...I didn't get to watch the Super Bowl and man was that hard for me.  I'm over it though, the better team won, I guess.  

To answer a few questions: 
Elder England has been out for a year this week.  He is about the same as me at Spanish.  He's a really great guy but sometimes I want to rip him in half. He loves to sing and rarely stops, he's pretty good though.  He also has the worst attitude ever, that is really really hard for me to get over.  Seminole is a whole lot colder than Ft. Stockton, in fact, it snowed yesterday.  The town doesn't have a superwalmart, so i kinda know what its like for my friends in other countries hahahahha just kidding.  We aren't allowed to drink the water here because it is too oily and will turn our teeth black.  It's pretty flat though, at least.  I enjoy it though, its still the same work no matter where I'm at, so its good.  

Like I said, it snowed yesterday.  It was pretty discouraging waking up to snow, especially when you know you'll probably be biking around in it all day.  Church got canceled, so I was hoping maybe we could just stay inside all day, that wasn't part of the plan though!  I really miss having a car!  I think I'll be forever grateful for whatever car I have.  We go 15 miles a day on average, I bought a little thing for my bike so I could figure that out.  Sometimes we go more sometimes less, but right around 15.  My legs are gonna be huge. Heck yes.  With snow on the ground, Church getting canceled, and the Super Bowl on it was the best day ever for a non-missionary haha.  

I really don't have much else to talk about!  The work is pretty slow, so we knock around a lot.  There are a lot of hardcore Mennonites and Baptists around here who don't usually give us the time of day. I keep getting opportunities to use Spanish though, so that is sweet.  I helped a Spanish guy change his tire yesterday and it was pretty cool to talk and learn about other things than the Gospel. There is a Recent Convert who just moved here from a town named Andrews who owns a restaurant, so we get free food:)  Thats about it!  Sorry! 

Love you so much!
Elder Caleb 


Mission Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!