Monday, January 27, 2014

ET!


Well, on Wednesday this last week I was teaching a lesson to Aidee, our recent convert in the hospital when I received a call from President Augustin...he told me I was being transferred as part as an ET (emergency transfer)!  He told me to start packing right away.  That was about 12:45, at 1 I got a call from one of the APs and he told me I needed to be in Odessa by 4:30, which meant I needed to leave by 2:30!!  So I packed really really quick and made it in time, only forgetting a few things, and by dinner I was in Seminole!  That is where I reside now haha.  It's part of the Hobbs Zone, that is in New Mexico, but Seminole is in Texas.  Our district leader has to stay up an hour later to get numbers from some Elders in NM's time zone.  My comp in Elder England, he's pretty funny.  Elder Nelson is gonna finished being trained by someone else!  My new address is PO Box 543 Seminole, Texas 79360.  

Seminole is pretty weird, I won't lie.  It's even smaller than Fort Stockton, about 6000 people.  We have a HUGE apartment, at least compared to what I have been living in for the past 5 months.  This area just recently got its car stripped from it so...I bike all day every day. It's colder here than it was in Ft. ST. cause its 6 hours north.  The branch here is huge though!  There are like 50 active members and some SO COOL recent converts.  So far I have really loved getting to know them and working with them.  The town is mostly Mennonite, like 80%!  That is one weird religion.  They dress like Amish and don't do TV and things (most of them) and they speak German.  A lot don't even speak English so...I get to learn some German now!  We just have to know how to find them, as in see if they are interested.  We have German Book of Mormons and pamphlets as well, it is really really weird!  They usually don't talk to us though, so its fine.  In the 4 days I have been here I have already talked more Spanish than I have so far.  I even had to translate church yesterday!  Fun stuff.

I was really sad to leave Fort Stockton, it felt like home to me!  I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to anyone either, that was really hard for me!  I did't realize it happened, but I LOVED those people there in Ft. St.  Everyone was so kind and just amazing.  People knew me, by name, cause I had served there long enough and its small enough of a town.  It was cool for me to be invested in so many random people's lives!!  I hope that comes fast with the people here.  I was sad to leave, but I'm excited for this change!!  

I love you all a whole bunch!  Enjoy your cars;)
Love,
Elder Caleb Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!