Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Baptism

I was gonna start explaining about why I didn't write yesterday (because every American Holiday is on a Monday, something I have always complained about during school.  I HATE it now haha) but Dad was already aware that I would probably be delayed...so good on ya Dad!  We got to eat dinner at the Michies again yesterday (the Missionary Branch President and his wife).  They showed us how to cook some tasty Mexican food.  It was so good and so spicy....today I am suffering from serious indigestion and heart burn hahahaha.  I'm still a Utah boy inside. Outside though?  I'm already used to Texas!  Its been like 50 degrees and night and I almost die because I shiver so much I forget to breathe.  HAHA!  I'm sure it hasn't been that hot in Utah for a couple of weeks!  I'm just a tenderfoot, that's all.
 
The baptism went well!!!  Things went just as planned.  :):)  Elder Greenman baptised her on Saturday and I was able to Confirm her on Sunday!  We invited everyone we teach and that we talked to to the service because its a super spiritual experience and people who attend a baptismal service are much more likely to have one of their own.  Not a single person showed up (other that a few branch members) but MAN...it blew my mind how strong I felt the spirit!  After I confirmed heron Sunday she bore her testimony to the Branch.  It was unreal.  She told us about how she had been praying for guidance in her life, she was going through a lot of hard times and wanted help for her and her 4 kids.  The next day we showed up at her door...  The Gospel appeals to honest seekers of truth, those are the ones who will listen and progress.  After she finished talking about that stuff she thanked me and Elder Greenman, I really wasn't expecting that.  She was so sincere and loving and SO SO grateful for what we had done for her.  It kinda set me back.  I realized how truly amazing this Gospel is...It literally changed Adrian's life...and I brought it to her.  Wow.  Missionary work really is SO important.  There are so many people out there who are honest seekers, just wanting some Peace and love in their life!!  It truly is SUCH an honor to be trusted by our Heavenly Father to find and teach those people as a full time job!!!  It blows my mind apart!!!  Haha.  Anyway, needless to say we are working a little bit harder since that little reminder.
 
I want to go to prison.  For real.  For like a month or something.  Lots of people we talk to are ex-convicts and prison sounds like A DREAM!  1.  You get to learn about and attend ANY religion you want.  2.  You can learn about SO MANY different jobs and learn the skills for that.  3.  You can get JACKED.  4.  You get to meet so many cool people with cool stories.  5.  The only thing you have to worry about is getting shanked.  That isn't even bad!  100% of your time is focused on LEARNING.  That would be so cool...  I have such a desire to learn about everything, now that I no longer have access to books or Internet to do so.  Learn something new today..Okay?  For me.  Hahaha.
 
That is about it for this week for me!  Mom, you better be doing ok.  I've been praying for you and will continue to do so!!  I hope they can find the source of the pain and can get rid of it quick!!!  I love you all a whole lot.  Stay warm and Safe!  Love you lots:)
 
Elder Porter



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!