Monday, November 25, 2013

Snow

I would just like to start out by saying THANK YOU DAD!!!  I got a pakage this week from Dad, it was full of thermal underware and gloves...warm things like that.  I laughed to myself and though "Oh Dad...doesn't he know I'm serving in TEXAS and that I don't get cold??".  The next day was the coldest day of my life!  It was raining all day and there was heavy humidity, so it just hurt to be outside haha.  The next day was EVEN WORSE!  So Elder Greenman and I had to go to the store to buy some more warm things.  I got some sick boots for only $8 and a beany to keep my ears warm.  I have been wearing Dad's supplies every day since then haha.  So thank you so much!
 
Missionary work is pretty hard in the cold and dark.  No one goes outside and no one opens thier doors.  If they do open the door its just wide enough for them to say "I'm not interted thank you".  It makes for some long nights!!  We even started singing at people's doors to see if it would help at all...like Christmas Caroling but in November and with church hymns.  It was really really really funny and so awkward if the person did answer haha.  It make the night interesting, but I don't think I will ever use that method again!!  We just finally started having language study at 8 pm insead of in the morning, that way we could be home earlier.  Its been hard, but a lot of fun!!
 
It got so cold and icey on Saturday night that the Zone Leaders called us and told us to go back in.  They cancled Church in Odessa and Midland and we were told not to go out at all on Sunday (yesterday) due to unsafe conditions.  We got special permission to walk to church though, cause we were close and it wasn't cancled for us!  It's crazy how a little ice and snow can shut the entire town down for a little while in a place like Texas!  We were gonna be able to go and play some 'Turkey Bowl' on Thanksgiving, but I'm pretty sure all games will be cancled because its cold. Booooo!!  I was so excited.
 
Not a ton more things happened this week, We only taught a few lessons and not really anyone is progressing, so I don't have much more to report!  Sorry!  For Thanksgiving this Thursday we are going to a Less Active families house with an investigator as well.  It's gonna be straight spanish the entire night...so that is sick!  My Spanish is getting worse and worse because we never really get to use it.  I'm in Mosiah in my Spanish Book of Mormon though...so I'm PUMPED!!
 
Anywasy, sorry this wasn't longer...hopfully more next week.  I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!  Stay safe and warm and have a happy Thanksgiving:)
 
Thanks for the granola Mom, it was pure taste:)  And thank you again Dad! 
 
I love you very much!  I'll be talking to you in a month!!!  Yipppeee:)
 
Love,
Elder CHP

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!