Monday, December 2, 2013

Transfers

Thanksgiving was good!  We had original plans to eat a Spanish family named the Zambrano's, but there was gonna be heavy drinking cause their family was in town haha, so we changed to the Hinkson Family.  Brother Hinkson is from OREM UTAH!  He served his mission here in Lubbock 8 years ago and now works for border patrole.  We were excited.  On Wednesday we got called to the Hospital to give him a blessing...his apendix exploded...typical.  So we went back to the Zambrano's!  They were real nice and had a second meal for us, without cervesa. :)  It was really good food!  We ate ribs.  And E. Greenman and I made pumpkin pie...no derby pie though :(
We got transfer calls on Saturday night.  Usually we get the call after 12 AM by and AP, but our phone rang at 10 and it was from President Augustin himself.  He told me that Elder Greenman had done a fantastic job training me and that in his mind we were some of the most obedient and hard working missionaries (HECK YEAH!).  Then he asked if I would accept the opportunity to train...ME!  I just finished training myself hahaha.  Of course I said yes though.  Later when the APs called I found out that I will be training TWO brand new Elders here in Ft. Stockton (so same address).  Elder Bakus and Nelson.  I'm so pumped...and so so nervous hahah. Oh well, I know it will be good!  I'm gonna learn and grow a whole bunch!  Elder Greenman is being moved to a city called Comanche...its near Abeline.  He's been a dream of a comp.  I learn so much from him every day.  No doubt he's my favorit companion so far (duh hahahah).  So I'll miss him, but I'm already over it haha.
Some random kid showed up to church yesterday, someone that Elder Moyer and Greenman talked to before I got out here.  He said he woke up and just felt like he needed to go to church.  So we taught him during Gospel Principles and gave him a Book of Mormon.  He called us last night and asked if we could answer some questions for him...he was already in 2 Nephi haha.  We taught him again and now he's planning on being baptized this month.  I sure hope things work out!  Jennifer, that JW we started teaching in October, is progressing pretty far as well.  She wants to be baptized, but she doesn't have a testimony yet, so we're working on that.  But it is an exciting time to be here in Fort Stockton!  I'm glad I get to stay. 
I wanted to ask Dad if you would send me  some copies of pages from your missionary journal, anybody who served a mission is welcome to send some, actually.  I'm interested to see how things have changed and what kind of things you learned and did each day.  Each person and each mission and each timeframe has its own missionary experience, so I'm sure it's a lot different than me...but I'm interested to see!
I absolutly love my time here.  Each day I learn so so so much. I'm begining to find out what it means to love my neighbor and to trust in the Lord.  The more I learn and the more I apply, the happier I become and therefore the easier everything is!  I love this opportunity a lot!  I miss y'all a lot though, especially during holiday time!  Be safe and happy.  I love you so much.  Below are Elders Greenman, Oler, Moyer and Myself.  Not in that order.  Below that, the Zambrano's for Thanksgiving.





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!