Monday, December 16, 2013

WEek

This week was pretty much the same as every week!!  Haha I know I say that every week...it's just the truth!  I've gotten into the daily grind of missionary work and most things are normal now haha.  We spend a whole lot of time finding people to teach, which means biking.  We bike around and talk to every person we see.  Yesterday we talked to 21 people...it was so nice to finally see some success with finding.  Usually we talk to two or three, but things are warming up so its getting a little bit better:)  Yesterday, while we were biking my chain was making a weird noise.  So I stopped and figured it out and fixed it, problem solved.  Not.  We stopped at an intersection waiting for a green light, when it turned green we took off, trying to accelerate as fast as we could so we didn't disrupt traffic.  Well...half way though the intersection, in the middle of the road, I hear a really weird noise and then I was all of a sudden on the ground hahahaha.  My back tire fell off WHILE I WAS RIDING IT!!  I hopped up and grabbed all the parts and sprinted across the road.  Elder Nelson and I were laughing SO HARD!  It was pretty embarrassing, but I'm over it haha.  The bike fixed up fine, I'm not sure what happend, but it was comedy GOLD!
 
The babtism went really well!!  We only ended up baptising Jennifer because Ricky didn't pass the interview for question number 4 (Kam, I think you'll probably be the only one who knows what that means haha).  He's scheduled for later in January so that is still good.  But it was way cool for Jennifer!  I got to baptize her and Elder Nelson did the confirmation on Sunday.  The other Elders in my district, Moyer and Oler, who are serving in McCamey had a baptism as well, so we got to do two in one!  Levi, thier guy, is HUGE so it took two people to baptize him haha.  It was a really spiritual experience and we even had an investigator come!  I love it when things like that happen.  The Church is true. 
 
Mom sent me a Christmas package that is the sickest thing ever.  She has a present for every day with a scripture on it.  We are supposed to read the scripture and then guess what the present is.  It is the best part of our Comp Study every day haha.  Yesterday we looked at the scripture clue and it was from D$C Section 89, which is the Word of Wisdom section.  Before reading the verse I guessed that it was tea hahaha.  It was some tasty GRAIN granola bars instead, so I was pleased:)  Thank you so so much Mom!!  Elder Nelson says thanks too:) 
 
Christmas time is a dream.  Everyone is more happy and loving and willing to hear our message that is centered in the Savior.  We spend a lot of time testifying of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and sometimes it's easy to forget the SAVIOR is the most important part!!  Christmas is a sweet time to REMEMBER!  It is all about Jesucristo!  He is our Savior and Redeemer, the Prince of Peace!  Without his help we are nothing.  Through is grace ALL MEN ARE SAVED (and judged according to our works...some information Born Again's could use) and ALL can find peace.  I love it!  God set up such a perfect plan for us to be apart of!  I love everything about it, it is amazing!  So lets spend this CHRISTmas remembering Him:)
 
I love you all so so so much and CANT WAIT to talk to you on Christmas day.  Be safe! 
 
ELDER Caleb Porter


Jennifer's baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!