Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas

This week, I cant remember what day it was because they all blend together, I got attacked by a real life PitBull.  It was HILARIOUS!  Elder Nelson and I were biking around, just looking for some poor, inocent people to baptize.  Things were going good, we decided to go into "Little Mexico", that is the scary part of town, we didn't care.  We were riding by the rail road tracks and we see a guy walking his dog, when we got a little closer we see the dog start running at us! The owner holding the leash got pulled down by the brute strength of the dog.  We FREAKED out.  I turned my bike around and have never biked so hard!!  I look back to see that this MONSTER of a dog was right next to me and growling like he hadn't eaten for years.  He got a hold of my pant leg and almost pulled me off my bike, to my ultimate demise.  Luckily I had an extreme boost of adrenalin and I kicked the dog in the face and biked harder than I have ever biked in my life.  I had to have been going like 50 mps hahaha.  I survived though!  Just a hole in my pants!
 
We had a Christmas party in Midland on Thursday, I remember that day.  It was a dream.  We woke up real early and drove out to McCamey to pick up those other two Elders.  Of course we had to stop at the donut shop....it was TASTE!   When we got up to Midland there were a billion other missionaries and President Augustin was dressed up like Santa.  We did a lot of random, missionary appropriate, party things, it was pretty fun!  Stu and Tom weren't there though, they are still in the upper half of the mission, so they had a different party.  I got my PACKAGE though!!!:)  I still don't know what is in it...cause it says not to open in:(  I also got a package from Sister O'Brien full of lots of little fun presents.  THANK YOU SECOND MOM!! (Sister O'Brien)  YOU ARE THE SECOND BEST! (Mom, you are the real best).  Breaks are real nice.
 
Our plans for this week are pretty sweet.  Tomorrow, Christmas Eve, we are gonna go work till 6, that is gonna be really long and hard, but I'm over it already.  Then the party starts.  We bought some sparkling grape juice and some martini glasses to drink.  AND we are planning to read from Luke 1&2 and ACT OUT THE NATIVITY!!  Just like at home:)  It is only gonna be Elder Nelson and me but...it's gonna be a DREAM!
 
On Christmas Day we are going to the Michie's house, they are the senior couple.  They are gonna make us a real good meal and have some festivities there because they miss their kids.  I'll either call or Skype or FaceTime, I'm not really sure which one yet.  I might have sister Michie text you right before I call to figure it out haha:)  I get 45 minutes to talk to Y'all (mom and dad and whoever is at their house).  I don't know what time I will call, probably between 2 and 6 Texas time...but I really have no idea.  I'm really really excited to talk to you though!!:):)
 
Thanks for your fasting and prayers on my behalf!  I really wish y'all wouldn't freak out so much, but I appreciate it.  I'm fine and dandy, and HAPPY!  Love y'all very much!  Be safe and HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!  :)  P.S. Joseph Smith's birthday is today, so happy birthday big guy. 
 
Love,
The Mormon Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!