Monday, December 30, 2013

New Years

Dad, read Matthew 16:2-3, it made me laugh.  Red sky and night, sailors delight!
 
Well, it was really really good to talk/see y'all!  I didn't see Sarah, Abby told me why but I didn't hear it, so...Hey Sarah!  Merry Christmas.  There, now I got everybody:)
 
On Christmas Eve our car broke down in the Chruch parking lot.  When we popped the hood we quickly found that our battery was corrodid (sp?) like crap.  We called the guy in charge of the cars for the misson and he told us to get a jump and go buy a new one, but we needed to be quick because the shop was gonna close real soon.  We called President Michie and asked him to jump us, but he was in a little town 100 miles away talking to some of our members, and none of our investigators were in town!  So we biked to the shop and bought the battery.  We had to use our own money since the car credit card we have doesn't work for purchases more than $100.  Then we had to bike back to the car with the 30 lbs. battery!  It was an adventure haha.  In reality, it was an answer to our prayers though cause we were really praying hard that we would have something to fill our time that day haha.  We got TONS of food from a lot of members and a few investigators though, after the car fun, so it was a pretty good day!
 
On Christmas we woke up at 6:30 and opened presents, that's the latest I've ever woken up for Christmas!!  I cherrish sleep way too much now a days to get up any earlier!  I had a really REALLY good time talking to everybody.  It's just really nice to see everyone!  I was so pumped to see Infinity too...who would of thought I'd miss a little rat like her haha.  We ate some real good food at the Michie's and hung out and played games.  I did work against the other missionaries at the Book of Mormon Trivia game we played.  I was humble about it to...hahahah.  The Michies keep real good care of me, Mom, and since you have Sister Michie's number now I think it would be really cool if you called her and thanked her.  She got a call from one of the other missionaries moms and it made her feel really good.  Just a thought though!
 
The rest of the week was Slooooww!!  The people were extremely rude, which is something I'm not used to out here in Texas!!  The members say its because they are all on a hangover...I think its true!  We talked to a lot a lot of drunk people and a lot a lot of half naked people, I don't know what is wrong with people haha.  It was a pretty fun week though, we stayed busy!  One of our investigators that we have been working with for a long time, Troy and Nichole, came to our appartment the day after Christmas and gave us some chocolates and then said "Remember, you are never away from family!".  It was really sweet.  The people here are so amazing, even when most of them are drunk and rude, there is so much good.  It's a huge honor to be trusted with the message that will bring them so much peace and joy.  I love it a lot. 
 
Thank you all so so so much for your various Christmas cards/presents/  I love hearing from ya!  I'm saving up all the money I've been getting to buy some real life cowboy boots.  We went to the Feed Store today to look at them and man...they are SO SICK!  I cant wait to rep those around town!!
 
LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!:)
 
Elder Caleb Hyrum Porter







No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!