Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference

First off, I want to apologize because I didn't make an outline for this email, so in other words it will probably suck haha.  I stayed up real late last night reporting numbers and then making sure all the area's in the zone got their transfer doctrine!  I'm staying in Hobbs with Elder Martin, so not much change for me.  I was hoping Stu or Tom would get transferred into my zone, but they aren't.  Boooo.  I just bought stake last week and my neighbor is teaching me how to BBQ real well, so I'm glad I'm not leaving!  
 
We had MLC again up in Lubbock this Friday, president hit me hard on my pride.  Then in conference I learned a lot about pride as well.  I have got a real problem with pride!!!  Not the kind of pride where I think I'm better than everybody(obviously I KNOW that is true), but where I don't accept the teachings and rules of those who are over me.  I thought I leaned this lesson with Bishop Brown already, that I just need to submit and accept that he is called of God, but I guess not!  I have a lot of problems with a lot of the rules that are being made here in the TLM.  I now realize that I'm just an idiot and I don't matter. I just need to follow them because they came from a man called of and inspired by God!  So that was a real good lesson. 
 
I started reading the Old Testament.  That is some good stuff.
 
Working with Elder Johnson in the trio has been pretty fun.  He has always hated the zone leaders, but now he understands what happens or'there in real life and he now respects us.  We worked extremely hard this week, mostly on his area since it's been kinda neglected for a while.  I got to speak a lot of English, it was nice!  We set a few bap dates and stuff, so he got to leave his area going strong.  He's a real good guy.
 
I got to watch most of conference in English, but there was one session where we had an investigator come, so we had to be in the Spanish translation place.  Luckily the chuch has little hearing aids that are hooked up to the main room, so I just slipped a couple of those babies in my ears and got to watch English anyway!!  Yippee.
 
....I think that's it...
 
 
I love y'all so much!!  Have an amazing week.
 
Love,
Elder Tatabug

Guess what!  Isa got her mission call!!  She's going to Cleveland, Ohio in the Kirkland visitors center.  How cool is that?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!