Monday, April 14, 2014

Transfer Week

Transfer week as a zone leader is a whole new world. Even though I got to stay I still had to deal with everybody else leaving and coming and making sure things went smoothly.  They did:)  On Tuesday night we had 5 other missionaries staying at our apartment waiting to leave on the bus the next day.  That was real fun getting to know them better, there are a lot of good people out here.  The best part about this transfer though is that we got TWO trainees in the Zone now and they are BOTH IN HOBBS!  I love to be around the new missionaries, it is so cool to see them grow and to help them out and stuff.  I remember my first zone leaders, they were the coolest/best missionaries in the world as far as I was concerned, so I hope I can be that for the new ones here!  One is being trained in the Hobbs English area, he and his trainer white washed in.  That's what they call it when both missionaries are replaced.  He's poly, so its a dream. 
Also with transfers it means a lot of driving, at least this time it did. We drove just under 800 miles last week!  A member never showed up to take some new Carlsbad Elders out there, so we had to make the unexpected trip.  It was all good though because I got to go to BLAKES LOTABURGER!  We also had to drive out to Dexter (a little baby town in the middle of nowhere) to clean out an apartment cause we just closed the area.  Then we had to drive to Artesia to do a baptismal interview.  Those trips plus various trips to Eunice, Lovington, and Seminole made for a lot of tome on the road!  The highlight of those trips is when Elder Martin locked the keys in the car in Artesia at 8:00 at night.  Thank heavens there was a member there who had some tools to help us out.  We were late that night haha.
 
I had some real real good food this week.  I was pumped I got to go to Blake's. It was my first time there and it just made me feel like I was visiting Sarah.  It was pretty good, but I have a few suggestions, Scott:  I was pretty disappointed that breakfast ends at 11:00.  What is this?!  I just wanted to eat a burrito so I could compare it to Betos.  The green chili was DELICIOUS, though.   Some of the best I've had.  A perfect blend of spicy and flavor.  It was pretty cheap too, so that was pretty nice. I guess just the breakfast thing.  Get on that?  Thanks:) hahah/ 
 
I also ate at a place called Gator J's.  Now that was good.  It's just a little bitty trailer by our church that closes every weekend to go to Louisiana.  We heard it had pretty good onion rings, so we went to try.  I got a sampler plate that had catfish, gator, shrimp, jalapeno cornbread, fries, and onion rings.  All things were cooked Cajun style and holy crap it was tasty.  I was so full.  I think the best part was the catfish probably, who woulda thought?!
 
The work is still progressing.  It's slower, but still going on.  I don't have any stories or anything like that to share for this week, but we'll see for next week:)
 
I love you all so so so much!! 
 
Elder Caleb Porter

ps watch this video.  Mormon.org/becauseofhim 
 
Will you put this on my facebook, abby?  Thanks





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!