Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Good News?

I don't actually have much good news...I don't have bad news either, just normal news:)  I just still struggle with coming up with a subject hahah. 
 
One missionary out here that I have really enjoyed getting to know and that I respect a lot is a guy named Elder Wells.  He is an animal.  Easily one of the nicest, most sincere guys I have ever met.  He made me feel so appreciated!  I love Elder Wells.  He went home for a knee problem about a year ago and came back out, which is rare, working hard.  The only thing is that he hurt his back pretty bad at home!  He didn't tell anyone and just worked though the pain.  This last transfer it has been KILLING him.  He had to spend most of the day inside, everyday.  I felt so bad for him, but it was really nice for me.  It helped me just get over my crap!!! Haha.  Anyway, he ended up going home on Wednesday this week, just 2 transfers early.  So now Elder Martin and I have a new companion for the last week of the transfer!  Elder Johnson!  He's a huge guy, real lovable. He loves to cook and to learn, so he is really fun to talk to!  We cover his area now, too.  That means that we cover Hobbs Spanish (he doesn't speak Spanish at all haha) and Hobbs South!  I get to teach English lessons again!!:) I love English things.  I love Spanish too, don't get me wrong, but sometimes English is real nice. 
 
In other news... I got some new cowboy boots!!  Man, they are sooooooo SICK. I love them with my whole heart. I got them for cheap.  We aren't allowed to wear boots anywhere outside in our mission though, so I just wear them when I am inside.  Easily the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.  No doubt I'll rep them everywhere at home:)  Transfers are next week, so that is exciting!  I think I'll probably stay here, I hope so at least!!  Also, I peed over one and a half gallons in one day.....don't ask how I know or why I decided to find out. It was a funny weekly planning session, lets just say that.
 
GENERAL CONFERENCE IS COMING UP!!  I am so excited!  The best time of my life!  Haha I am so excited to receive instruction directly from the modern day prophet!!  THAT IS SO COOL!  DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW COOL THAT IS?!  No one else knows about that...gah!  I hope I get to watch it in English though....  Enjoy it ok?  I sure will. 
 
Love ya!!
 
Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!