Monday, March 24, 2014

Dream

WEll!  I told y'all about the goal we set for Morning Finds last week, 400 as a zone.  So let me follow up!  Man, it was a really hard week.  Well, it wasn't actually hard, we just worked really hard and I was exhausted, but it was so sweet.  Elder Martin and I started off the week by making a competition with the Sister Missionaries in Carlsbad to see who would get the most morning finds by the end of the week.  The loser makes brownies. We went so HARD!  We didn't drive, just biked or walked so that way we could talk with more.  By the end of the week we, meaning my companionship, had 116.  I'm convinced that that has to be some kind of record.  I didn't want to see another person ever again! hahaha.  Anyway, we kept in close contact with the sisters, to monitor the work we needed to do.  On Sunday morning we were up by 1. We had 13 finds that day, so we thought for sure we'd win.  I called them last night and said "if you got 14 then we tied" and they just started to scream.  They had 15...which means they had 117 for the week, which means they beat us by one....GAH!  Oh well, it was fun haha.  The zone had 550 total.  I am really proud.  Everyone worked so so hard! Hopefully some good new investigators will come out of this!!!
 
Zone training went real well.  I taught about Member Presents using Alma and Amulek as the perfect example.  I also shared my experience I had being the member present with Panzy when he was meeting with the missionaries.  I am really grateful for that experience I had.  It prepared me a lot!  The spirit was really strong and things went good!  So it  was a good first Zone training!
 
I want to tell y'all about a dream I had:  Isa Heckert had just gotten called on a mission to Lubbock, and when she got into the field she got put in Hobbs to be trained, I was her Zone Leader.  Isa, for those of you who don't know, is one of my favorite people on the planet.  She was a huge example to me all though high school and I just love her to death.  Anyway, so she was being trained here and was having a really really hard time with like home sickness and anxiety, so she wanted a blessing.  She asked me to do it since we were pals.  I had to get special permission from President, since that is generally frowned upon, but I got it and we went to the church so I could give her the blessing.  She had perfect faith that it would fix her problem, calm her mind and all that. Nothing doubting, it was amazing to see.  When I put my hands on her head and was fixin to give her the blessing, I couldn.t do it. I didn't feel worthy to use that amazing gift and responsibility I have.  I wanted to help her so bad, but I couldn't do it.  Then I woke up.  THAT WAS THE WORST DREAM I HAVE EVER HAD!!  I have never felt so crummy in my life.  God has put so much trust in me... I have the RESPONSIBILTY to receive revelation for all the missionaries in my zone, for all the Spanish people in Hobbs, and for my self.  In a few years I will have the responsibility to receive it for my wife and kids.  I never ever EVER want to be in a situation like my dream.  Gah.  Always be worthy for the Priesthood and for the Holy Ghost.  Deal?  I'll do it too. 
 
Anyway, that's all I got this week.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!  It's pretty neat that my mom is younger than my oldest brother huh?  Real neat.  Anyway, I hope you have an amazing week and know that I LOVE YOU ALL THE WAY TO HEAVEN!!
 
Love y'all too, no worries:)
 
E. Caleb Porter

Look what I cooked! Mexican beans, mexican rice and marinated pork chops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!