Monday, March 17, 2014

Life

We were biking around town this week and we passed a house that had PERFECT grass. Well, as close to perfect as you can get in East New Mexico. It was all brown, but it was cut perfectly and there was no dirt in sight!  I was so impressed!  I went and knocked on the guys door just to compliment him. He turned out to be a really really cool guy, he's not too interested in the Gospel, but he agreed to let us come over and teach him a lesson if we would let him feed us! Deal!! It's the English Elder's responsibly, but we're gonna teach the first lesson to see how it goes!  Moral of the story...I'm not sure.  Keep your grass looking good, it might just bring you Gods only true Church!
 
We went to Carlsbad yesterday for a stake correlation.  There are 2 wards and a Spanish group down there!  It was HUGE!  I couldn't even believe it.  Who woulda though Carlsbad would be a gold mine of members?!  The correlation went really good and we are hoping we pumped up the members and Ward Mission leaders to help us out some more.  President Reber, the stake president for the Roswell stake (my stake), is SO cool.  He's just a soft spoken guy, but he is a power house.  A champion and showing love. His first counselor is unreal too.  I don't know his name, but I think he might be John the Beloved so...it was cool to talk with him.
 
Elder Martin and I set a goal for our Zone for this up coming week, to get 400 Morning Finds. A morning find is contacting someone in a way other than knocking and teaching a principle, testifying and inviting them to do something.  Our zone usually gets like 190, so this is gonna be UNREAL!  We KNOW it will happen.  I'm so pumped!  Pray for us all so that we can have the FAITH TO FIND!  :)
 
We had a baptism on Saturday, Hector and Denise.  Missionaries have been working with them since October, but they finally decided to make the step! It was a really cool service.  Straight Spanish, no English, it was so cool! The members helped out so much too! It was cool to see fellowshipping actually happening. Mexicans are the laziest people around, so it was sweet they did something for once!  Hector bore his testimony and just kept saying "I feel so good.  This feeling is amazing."  It was WAY NICE. The spirit really was so so so strong.  Baptisms are good.
 
That is all from me!  I did want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAY DAD, though.  Read Proverbs 20:29:) I love you so much, thanks for being my Dad!  I am extremely blessed:)
 
Love you all so much and I'll talk to ya later!
 
Elder Caleb Porter

ps
The doctor just told me he has no Idea because he hasn't been trained. As far as he could tell, it was fine, but all he could check was movement and stuff.  It's really up to y'all if I go to the doctor in Lubbock or not. I'm basically just done with it haha. I love things a lot, so I don't want to hear bad news from a doctor.  I basically just have a deal with the Lord though, when I'm working it doesn't hurt too bad, as long as I am working hard, so I'm fine:) Love you

Hector and Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!