Monday, March 3, 2014

Hobbs

Hobbs is a freaking DREAM!  I love love love love it!  I used to think that I would hate serving in a big city, I couldn't imagine having to deal with all the people but so far I like it a lot more!  A good Super WalMart, PAWN SHOPS, and even a Wendys!  It is so sweet!  It feel like I'm back home in Orem.  I think Hobbs is still smaller than Orem, but in all reality I have no idea haha.  It's kinda cool here too to speak mostly Spanish, that is a big change!  When we go out finding we talk to everyone we see (which is like 20 people more than what I am used to) and give all the English Potentials to one of the other sets of missionaries here, there is a set of sisters and a set of elders.  It is a dream. We only teach Spanish!
 
Church was pretty cool for me for 2 reasons: 1. The Hobbs Ward (ward!!!) meets right before the Spanish branch does, so I got to meet a lot of the members.  There was actually NORMAL people in a BIG WARD!  Gah, it blew my mind! I'm used to a handful of  people and that's it!  The Church is still true. 2. I went through an entire church service, including 2 hours of meetings, in STRAIGHT SPANISH!  It was so cool!  Hymns and all the stuff.  I kinda like being in a Spanish area haha.  The Branch is solid, a lot of cool people with strong testimonies.  It is kinda cool to live in America too, cause they will randomly spit out English words in their sentence.  "Espero que ella pueda join y'all for that lesson.  Vaya bien" gooood stuff!
 
Being a Zone Leader is a lot of fun too, so far I love it!  We are expected to be an example for the Zone, which means we work really hard in our own area in addition to all the other responsibilities.  It is pretty sweet, keeps my mind on the obra!  WE have to get numbers every night, which means we talk to the district leaders on the phone and then report those numbers to an AP.  It means bed time is an hour later, but I enjoy t

alking to everybody, so its cool.  Elder Greenman and Moyer, my two trainers, are in the zone too!  Haha it is kinda weird to supposed to be teaching them now! hahha.  We have a 2014 Nissan Frontier, we drive it a lot.  I LOVE HAVING A CAR AND DRIVING IT!  Well, truck I guess:)   Elder Martin is so so cool.  So far we get a long really well.  He's from bountiful, so we kinda know a few of the same places (thanks grandma/pa Porter! haha).  He's a runner, so guess what that means...I run sometimes!  Kinda.  He's also really clean, so guess what that means...I clean sometimes! Kinda.  Hahahah.  REally though, he is a great teacher and I am pumped to work with him.  I feel extremely blessed:)
 
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!  BE SAFE AND BE HAPPY!:)
E. Port 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!