Monday, March 10, 2014

Beatles

I want to start off quoting a song that I know Dad loves from the Beatles....emphasis added.  "Oh yeah I, tell you something, I think you'll understand.  Well I, tell you something....DAYLIGHTS SAVING TIME SUCKS!!!!"  I think that's how it goes, right?  I don't get to bed till 12 sometimes, because of calls or something like that, so on Sunday when 6:30 came and it was actually 5:30, that was killer!  We took a real nice nap during lunch AND dinner.  I didn't eat that day, other than snacks, but sleep was much more important haha. 
 
We have been teaching this guy named Henry.  He's a card (that's Texas for "he's real neat").  He's gotta be like 65, we aren't sure though.  We have taught him 3 times and it took us until the last time we taught him to figure out weather or not he is accountable.  He is slow, mentaly, but he can read and understand with ease, so we decided to continue on.  It is sweet to be teaching so simply!  It's like teaching to a child, and he understands like a child, but its a dream!  It has helped my Spanish a lot too! Henry came to church though, it was cool!  He enjoyed it a lot, so I'm pleased:)
 
Elder Martin and I decided to do SYL.   SYL stands for speak your language, its where you just speak Spanish.  It is really hard to do that in America though!!!!! Whenever I have tried in the past I last no longer than an hour.  WE MADE IT 24 HOURS without speaking English!  It was a dream!  It made me realize something though...I really really love English hahahah.  Spanish is cool too, but English? Mmmm.  I gave my first Spanish blessing yesterday, that was a trip.  Real neat experience that I am grateful for!  During elder's quorum there is a member named Temo who always brings candy to pass around to everyone, it's pretty nice.  Then they fed us some TASTE Pasole after church yesterday!  Spanish Culture is pretty i'ght.
 
I got to go on my first exchanges as a Zone Leader with...my trainer Elder Greenman!!  It was SO nice to work with him again. Our teaching is still pretty fluid and it is just so much fun!  Kind of really weird to be his "teacher" this time though!  I was supposed to be helping him become better, but he taught me 90% of the things I know!  hahahaha.  He's a really great guy though, I enjoyed that opportunity.
 
We had MLC this week in Lubbock with all the ZLs and Sister Training Leaders.  President Augustin taught some sweet concepts we get to teach to the Zone next week for Zone Training, I'm excited for that!  I always though MLC was a big executive meeting with all types of human sacrifices and things but I guess I was wrong....hmm..oh well. 
 
ANYWAY.  I love you so much!  Enjoy life.  Run a mile.  Play in the Snow. 
 
Love,
Elder Caleb Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!