Monday, July 7, 2014

Rolls from heaven

On Wednesday morning Elder Pack and I realized that we forgot to buy toilet paper on Monday and that we were just about out.  We were a little worried, but if worse came to worse we could just buy some whenever we ran out, we sure didn't want to do that, though.  We did our studies and stuff and during comp study we went to check the mail and guess what...our neighbors got TOILET PAPERED!!!  We cleaned it up for them, since that's what we do, and in the process we found 3 full, unused, rolls of TP.  WHAT A MIRACLE!!  Even a little funny thing like that just tells me that God knows each of us and our situations perfectly.  A tender mercy, no doubt. 
The fourth of July has always been my favorite holiday in the world.  I love fire and fireworks.  I think it probably has something to do with Ben and Joe strapping fireworks to my toys when I was 5 and watching them explode.  Thanks guys, for real, cause that is the funnest thing on the planet.  As a missionary, the 4th isn't very cool.  We had to go in at 6 to keep us safe from the drunk people and the temptation to blow things up.  We went to the church and played basketball with some other missionaries.  I stayed up real late and sat on our car outside so I could watch some fireworks still.  It wasn't nearly as fun, but still real good:)
I met the new mission president, President Heap, this week!  WHAT A COOL MAN!  He has already made some changes in the mission that I like a lot.  He's been a CES guy his whole life.  He loves loves loves the scriptures and has already taught me some really cool things.  His wife is really cool, too.  She's just a hyper mom that just loves us so much.  I am so excited to continue to get to know and love them.  No doubt, a power house couple.  They have refueled my fire to learn all about the scriptures.
We starting teaching a girl named Tania last night.  She's the daughter of a recent convert who just arrived here from Ecuador.  The lesson we had was pretty good, luckily elder Pack is amazing at Spanish so he could answer some of her questions.  The coolest part though is the dream she had a few weeks ago!  Dreams are a huge part in the conversion of a lot of the people we teach, clearly sons and daughters of Lehi.  Judy, her mom, had a dream of 2 americans, later identified as elder Heaps and the other missionary that taughter, helping her across a river and being clean on the otherside, pretty cool! Tania's dream was neat too.  She dreamed that "the Elder who was with Heaps" (that's me, its really hard for them to say Porter haha) was reading a book with her.  As she listen to the words she cried and felt so good.  Last night I really did read the Book of Mormon to her and she felt a similar sensation!  Pretty cool to be apart of these miracles!
Love y'all.  I hope you had a real great time at the reunion!  I'm glad my cardboard me was there! 
Love,
Elder Porter

 There were hundreds of these little frogs after it rained on Tuesday.

I made these ties! For real!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!