Monday, August 25, 2014

A double Bolt across the sky--(Quote from one of the Elders)

This week was pretty sweet, it went by SO fast. 
We started to teach a 9 year old kid named Ezekiel. He is so cool.  His parents are members,b ut they have been less active for a while, they have been going active for about a year now, so the father has the M. Priesthood (i cant spell that haha) and they want to do a baptism.  Since he is 9 he counts as a convert baptism, still, so we get to teach him.  It sure is hard to teach a 9 year old in Spanish.  We have no idea what words are hard words and if a word is hard we don't know the simpler version of it!  The parents have to help us a lot as we explain.  Tonight we are gonna do a fun activity lesson to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  He is a real neat kid and I am real grateful to be able to teach him! His baptism will be on the 6th of September.
I went up to Crane this week on exchanges.  I go up to Crane ever transfer, so this was my third time.  I LOVE IT THERE!  I forgot how sick small towns are.  There are only 3000 people in Crane and every single person has talked to missionaries already.  That is a unique challenge to small towns, but I love it.  The way to get passed it, at least for me, is just to be real friendly and excited.  I just go up and talk to people and when they say they have talked to missionaries I tell them that's so lucky, but I'm a new guy, so you get to talk to me now too.  In small towns people care a lot more and are real friendly.  I usually talk to them for 3 minutes or so about life, work, family, or random things like that and then teach a Gospel principle and likin in to their life. It is so much fun.  I love love love talking to small town people.  I'm fixin' to send a request to President to send me to one!
SInce I have been on my mission I have learned how to do so much random stuff.  Every missionary can do something unique and awesome, so I just learn how.  Crocheting is an example, I learned to crochet and I crocheted a scarf.  This week a member taught me how to do a new crochet pattern, so I might pick it up again.  I've learned to solve a Rubix cube real fast, sew ties, ride for miles and miles with no hands, and so many worthless things like that.  I've also made a model airplane, carved a pinewood derby car, and learned some origami hahah.  While i was up in Crane I picked up a new one!  Knot tying and roping.  How sick is that?!  I have learned a lot of cool knots and just bought some rope to practice my roping.  I love it a whole lot. '
THat's about all I have to say this week!  Sorry it's a short one!  I love you all a whole bunch.  Be safe!
Love,
Elder Caleb Portero

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!