Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Suck it Satan!

Wednesday, August 21


First off, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for all the letters and stuff.  You have no idea how grateful I am to have such an amazing and faithful family.  Let me kinda run things down for ya.  I got a letter from Mom that pretty much says "suck it up. everyone will hate you if you come home.  sorry.", Dad gave me drugs, Hannah and Bets both sent solid Doctrine to cheer me up, Abby said "Its whatever", Grandpa says "take a chill pill, you don't have to be the best at EVERYTHING", Sarah said "I'm not gonna bug you about it" and Andy sent a few encouraging words.  Surprisingly though,  Mom's letter is the one that made me feel the best.  The stripling warriors pretty much knew what was up when they talked about their mothers knew everything (Alma 56:48). Seriously though, they all helped so much.  My family is a dream team.
My back still hurts a lot, the only thing the drugs are good for is helping me sleep at night, but I decided y'all are probably right and I just have anxiety!  So I'm sucking it up.  I know the Lord will bless me in the end, so its whatever.  I'm just excited to get out to Texas and see how things work out.  
My Spanish is coming along.  I can learn MUCH easier in this class, it's more my speed.  Hogie got here on Wednesday and since he's already fluent in spanish he's been teaching my class a lot of things.  It's way cool to see him around!  We teach 3 lessons a day and each time I learn to say something new, I get pumped about it.  
One of the Elders in my district was way too good at spanish to be in the beginning class so they moved him up.  So i got changed companions, to eliminate the trio.  My new companion is Elder Lammi, he's a brute. Huge guy.  The best part? He's from Australia.  So I'm learning all kinds of things about the English language as well.  From now on instead of saying cool say "Fair Dincom"  all the cool kids in 'Straya are saying it.  His Spanish is pretty good for never speaking a word of it before.  He always has great scriptures to share.  
I got made Zone Leader last night.  In the MTC it really doesn't mean much, but it's whatever.  I have to go to a few more meetings and I get to show the new missionaries around.  I'm excited to see what else comes from it.  It's crazy to me cause I've only been here for a week and a half! 
On Sunday Vai Sikihema spoke at devotional. He played football at BYU and says our parents probably remember him, was he very good dad?  I guess he played in the NFL as well.  He talked about how even though he did all these great things in his life, according to the world, his mission was the very best thing thing he's ever done.  He went to South Dakota. He talked about how those two years honestly changed his life so much.  I want that to be like it is for me.  
I love you all so so so so much.  Thank's again for everything.  Especially you, Mom! I love you so much.  
Elder Porter

P.S. I would love a few things:
A family picture, like the one we took last year.  
Everyone make a mormon.org thing.  I have time to look at those every day and Hannah is the only one who has one!!  
Send me a picture of the kid from Herculies who says "Geepers mister, you're strong." (Probably you Abby)
Send me the lyrics to A Whole New World

Please and Thank you! Love you.

PS make sure Abby put my address on facebook?  I love you!  I hope everything is going well with your eyes. And I for sure hope it is easier for you than it was last time.  Love ya.
Caleb

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!