Monday, October 21, 2013

Chivitos

That is a pretty solid subject line.  It means little goats.  One of the less actives we have been meeting with a lot is a mexican farmer and his chivo had 3 babies on Thursday.  He called us and was super pumped about it, so of course that night we had to go look at them!  He named them Jorgina, Alexandria, and Nathan...Nathan is a white goat so he named it a white name haha.  Just a funny story from this week!
 
Every week before I write y'all I make an out line, so I can utilize my time effectivley.  I really had no idea what to say at first!  I thought of some stuff later on but it didn't make the outline.  So sorry if this is a little unorganized!!  I hope all is well at home, I'm sure they are.  Hannah is moving..boo.  I have a couple friends serving in North Carolina so invite the missionaries over and feed them :).  Dad, you said in your email that you try to have 30 lessons a week (as in your missionaries)?!?!  That would be a dream.  We have like 8 a week some weeks haha, goood stuff!  I guess member missionary work really does help things out!  We wouldn't know out here since we only have 1 member who will ever help us out with anything hahah.
 
The work is going well though, I'm still loving every second of it!  We are teaching a lady named Jennifer, she is a full blown Jehovah's Witness, the first one who didn't tell us we were just digging our own way down to Hell haha.  She knows so so so much about the Bible, but is surprisingly willing to learn about the BOM!  We teach her twice a week and she comes to church, but her mom is getting furious about it.  I guess that is what you get when you still live at home at 33.  We met a budding family this week and began teaching.  Brent and Adrian with their 4 kids.  The lesson we had went so so well, the Spirit was just bearing pure witness all day long.  This is what she texted us that night "Oh my gosh guys, that book you gave me is so AWESOME!  I have been reading it all day.  I also looked up some history about the Mormons, they went through some really hard stuff.  I started to pray and ask God how anyone could go through so much trouble and I knew the answer before I finished asking...its TRUE!"  So like....that is a pretty unheard of experience. 
 We spend a lot of time at this one Apartment, it is absolutely trash.  Everyone who lives there is in an out of jail or has CPS called on them every other day, but there is also a lot of humility, so we teach quite a bit there.  Every time I walk up to them I get stormed by little kids.  There are like 20 kids from 2-7 who just attack me because I always give them pass-along cards.  I really love it!  Haha.  Makes me miss y'all though.
 
When transfers come we have to stay up and wait for the AP's to call us and let us know.  The calls came at 12:48 on Saturday night..booo.  Elder Greenman and myself are staying here in FT. ST. but Elder Moyer got transferred to a little baby town called Mccamey. He's gonna be living in a trailer!!   I think that would be a dream.  This transfer went pretty well, I'll send mom a letter that has all my progress recorded.  I FINISHED 1 NEPHI IN SPANISH! hahaha.  It took me an entire transfer.  At this rate I'll be done in May so...that is pretty sweet!
 
Anyway, I better head.  I love you all A LOT.  And I miss you all a lot too.  For real.  But I'm surviving, hope you are too:)  LOVE YOU!
 
The Church Guy
 
P.S.  Mom...I have some requests:)  If you can find my mini scripture case (the brown one) and my mini bible (KJV)  I would really REALLY appreciate it if you could send me that.  Also I would love a picture of my back x-rays (since its almost been a year!).  I love love love you so much.

P-day adventures.
The usual.
It was freezing this week.
 
Love ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!