Monday, October 7, 2013

I eat fruit too, Mom! Even though they are so expensive...

Hello All!!
 
How about that General Conference huh?!  So so SO good!  I have soem great news about that...it was my first GC ever watched where I actually stayed up for the whole thing!! Hahaha.  It was still so hard.  I doubt I'll ever make it through another one after my mission.  Of course every time the choir was singing I was looking for Tyler, cause I feel famous when I find him.  Usually it's pretty easy because he's the only bald one.  But this year...THERE ARE SO MANY BALD MEN!  I laughed to myself and wondered if Dad noticed the same thing haha.  Don't worry though, I did find him several times:)  Also I realized how much of a family event conference is to me!  It felt so weird not to be with ya'll!  I missed the Conference Salad after the Saturday morning session and I ABSOLUTLY missed going to Priesthood with Dad (even though they had ice cream after out here).  It's just not the same without family!
 
We teach all of our investigators to bring a question to conference and we promise that it will be answered.  I know this is true, it's a Prophet of God talking, how could he not answer your question?!  But I have never done it...duh.  So I decided to this time!  My question was "How can I be successful"  I was hoping for like a formula or something.  I've been studying about it a lot.  People say its hard work, but I don't believe it after seeing all the poor and sad oil workers out here.  So that was my question.  IT WAS ANSWERED!  Kinda.  I came away with a contract I wrote myself about putting my family first.  My mind is still being blown by all of my thoughts and stuff, but I decided that my family is way way WAY more important than success.  Obviously!!  So...yeah.  You are all #1!  Tell my wife and kids that too whenever that starts to happen...
 
NOW.  Here is the whole point of this letter.  But first.  Sorry mom and dad, I'm sure you dont want to hear about this story, but just know I am ok!  Hahah.  On Thursday we were biking around, as usual.  Elder Greenman's tire popped so we were walking home.  It was around 8:30 PM by this time.  We had had a way great day so I was pretty happy and excited.  Obviously all this excitement lead to us trying to do wheelies!!!  I started to get it down.  I had it to where I could go like 50 feet on just my back tire!  It was all good and I was pumped and then...I got hit by a car.  Hahahahhahahha.  Well, kinda.  I was going and a member saw us and was driving up to say hello,  she saw me on my back wheel and she was suprised, so she accelerated a little bit  (I guess that is what you do when you get supprised).  Our front tires crashed into eachother.  She stopped and I flew forward and slid across the car's hood.  It was the sickest thing I have ever done.  I'm sure that to anyone watching they would have though I was the next Jason Bourn.  All is good though, I wasn't hurt at all and her car is fine!  My front tire was a little bent, but luckily I have my brother;s and dad's blood in me!  I fixed it up real good.:)  I thought it was awesome though, so I told ya!
 
In other news: 
I have only used chop-sticks for the past week.  No spoons or forks.  It has been hilarous and I have loved it quite a bit.  My hand is getting stronger and pretty soon I'll be catching flys just like in Karate Kid. 
Today at walmart the cashier called my a smart shopper.  So..you raised me well mom.
Dad asked some questions, and I finally remembered to bring them, so I will answer.  I eat really good, despite what mom thinks.  I get the healthiest choise of everything there is and I eat a lot of fruit.  I get $135 a month and so far its been more than sufficient.  We can drive 1100 miles each month, but we only use around 500.  No iPads:(  We email at the library, yes.  I have pleanty in my bank account at home.  I think mom know my info but if not...I think I know it too haha.Spanish study every day for an hour!  Real missionary life is a bagiahkillion times better than the MTC.  And Mosiah14:24 is my favorite scripture!  I'm pretty sure that is all for now.
 
I love you so  much!
 
P.S. Hannah, those books you sent me?  Wow.  Pretty much changed my life haha.  I love them so much!  Exactly what I wanted (even though I didn't know it).  So thank you so much!
 
And I got the package from you mom, I don't know what's in it cause its in the car, but thanks for that too;)  I love it!  haha. 
 
I miss you and will talk to ya next week! 
 
~Elder (almost 19 year old) Porter



Me.  alive and eating with the sicks. 
The sky right before I got pinned by the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Elder Caleb Porter is currently serving in the Texas, Lubbock Mission. Read his letters and see his pictures here!